The SFS Program has implemented automated functionality in the SFS that allows ASAs to perform the following actions in the SFS:
- Unlock an employee’s SFS account, if the employee is locked out;
- Lock an employee’s SFS account; and
- Reset a password for an employee using the employee’s User ID.
Before using this new functionality, ASAs must:
- ASA Unlock Account Job Aid
- ASA Lock Account Job Aid
- ASA Password Reset Job Aid
- Communicate with your agency users and/or travelers on whose accounts you are performing these tasks. In the SFS User Information section, verify that you have selected the correct employee by reviewing the Name and Email ID associated with the User ID. For the unlock account and password reset functions, an e-mail will be sent to the user’s e-mail address listed. If the user does not have an e-mail on file, the ASA will receive the e-mail on behalf of the user, and will be responsible for distributing the e-mail to the user.
- Coordinate with your Agency’s other ASAs (if applicable), Administrators, and User Support Liaisons to eliminate processing of duplicate user requests, and to streamline your Agency’s Tier 1 User Support processes.
NOTE: For security purposes, ASAs are not able to unlock accounts that have been locked by SFS Security.